29 & 30 May 2016 for Renovations
5 PM - LATE
Prep Time : 20 mins Cook Time : 25 mins Serves : 4-6
- 1 kg Chicken thigh, cut into pieces
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 4,5 cloves of garlic finely diced
- 1 tbsp Ginger, finely grated
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 4 cloves
- Little cinnamon stick
- 3 green cardamoms
- 1 bayleaf
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- chopped coriander to garnish
- Heat the oil in the pan & add the cumin seeds and fry for about 15-20 secs. Add the chopped onions and fry the onions till they become light pink and soft.
- Add the chicken pieces and salt to taste. Fry until the chicken become light brown.
- Add the ginger garlic, cloves,cardamom, cinnamon and bay leaf fry stir for another 3 mins
- Now add turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and mix well with the chicken and cook for 3-5 mins,
- Add the tomatoes and then lower the heat and cover the pan and cook for 10 mins. No need to add water at this stage as the chicken and tomatoes will leave water.
- Depending on how much gravy you prefer, try adding a little water. The Himalaya Khukura should be done in another 5 mins.
- Just before you serve, garnish it with chopped coriander!
Fundraising Dinner Night for Reach for Nepal Foundation04Aug 2016- 6 pm -
In 2016, The Hungry Buddha will hold four fundraising dinner sessions, to raise funds for Reach for Nepal Foundation. The dinner on Feb and May have raised nearly $12,000 for the foundation. The next edition of dinner will be held on –
- Thu Aug 4, 2016
- Thu Nov 4, 2016
- Location : The Hungry Buddha, 44e Curtin Pl, Curtin, ACT 2605
- Time : 6 pm for 6:30 pm start
- Dinner Details : 2 Course Nepali Dinner, incl drinks (soft drinks and wine)
- Cost : $50 per person, with $35 donated to the foundation
- On the night: Silent Auctions, Nepali Handicraft items for sale & update of projects the foundation supports